Friday, May 22, 2009

Being a person who has strong conservative beliefs, abortion is a legitimate topic to talk about for this weeks open blog. I, myself, would never have an abortion with my significant other. The embryo is a living being and that would be murder. I do not think that couples that choose to have an abortion really think about what they are doing. They are missing out on a child, a son or daughter. That is their child and they deserve it to them to raise it to the best of their ability. At the very least, if they do not want to raise it, put the baby up for adoption so it will have the opportunity to live with a family that will raise it as if it was there own. Think of the friends that you have who were adopted. They would not be around if their parents would have had an abortion. Don't have sex if you are not willing to accept the responsibility of a child. I feel that is simple enough to understand. Yes it is wrong to make it a law to ban abortions, but I feel this is more of a moral issue. It is their conscious that this is going to be weighing on. I just say think about the child before you do anything. Think about the joy that child could be bringing you. This all goes back to the religion I believe in and how I was raised. All of us would not be here if our parents decided not to keep us.

2 comments:

  1. But you have to consider other factors than whether or not the parents want to keep the child. If the mother was raped and the child was a result of that experience, would you still say she should keep the baby? Or if keeping the baby endangered the life of the mother, should she still keep it? In cases like that, abortion may be the best option, which is why I support a woman's right to choose. However, in cases where the baby is the result of consensual action and doesn't pose a threat to the mother, I agree that morally the mother should have the child; if she doesn't want it, the baby can be put up for adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also try to think about this issue in a more systematic way.. that is what I am looking for. Why do many religious groups think this is a big deal? What does that say about how religions work? In this case it is often in defense of a doctrine about the soul and when that soul comes to exist.. Is it about anything else?

    ReplyDelete