Wednesday, April 15, 2009



























i always read this poem when life is hard, maybe it can help you also

here are the words to this poem..

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson

Sometimes i find myself questioning whether there is a God or if i believe in him. Sometime i feel ashamed of myself but other times it is granted that i question God. i don't think that God would be mad at someone that questions him i almost think that he might encourage it.
In philosophy class we are talking about God and free will and whether they exist or don't or if one or the other exist. from the philosophy point of view we haven't come up with a definitive answer yet .. go figure.. also we talked about whether God is omnipotent and wholly good and that evil exists. the problem with that is that if evil exists then good is not wholly good and if God is omnipotent and can do anything why doesn't he prevent evil. well my solution to this would be that God is omnipotent but chooses when he is and when he is not. and yes there is evil but it is not because God in not wholly good it is because God let his people have a choice in life its called free will.so to relate it back to this poem i hope who ever reads this blog and ever has doubt in God read this poem and maybe the light will shine through.

if you want a copy of this poem here is a websitehttp://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com/index.php?page=Poem/Poem.php

1 comment:

  1. But say more about what this poem says about what people are looking for out of religion. It is immensely popular, yet it is not about organized religion or a church. Why do people find this inspiring??

    ReplyDelete