Friday, April 24, 2009


I do not understand why there are people out there who believe that religion is a waste of time and that it does not serve a pupose. For those atheists, I do not think that have noticed that the majority of people in our world believe in some higher power. Religion gives people something else to believe in. Sometimes there are things that happen that we just cannot explain. Religion is there to fill the gap so people do not go insane with trying to figure it out. Religions are here to help us from reaching our breaking points and keep us from becoming socially unacceptable. Back in high school, my school's all state track star was killed by a drunk driver. How does this happen to such an innocent good person. Or another instance, my ex-girlfriend's mom has had three different types of cancer over the past five years. Why and how does this keep happening to such a nice woman. These are the questions that just cannot be answered. So through religion I believe that everything happens for a purpose. God has a plan for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I am an atheist, and I can assure you that we do realize that the majority of the world believes in a higher power. I can't speak for other non-believers because they may have their own opinions, but I believe that everything that religion explains can be explained better through science and logic.

    ReplyDelete